Information that you will need for your reports and the first in-class group assignment (see the bottom of this page for that assignment)
1) Use https://www.export.gov/ccg to find a recent Country Commercial Guide (CCG) for your country (see also the Country Commercial Guides Tab above, and Export.gov below. Notice also that there is a great deal of additional information (especially Distribution) in this database that will be useful to you. The market research reports can also be extremely useful.
To access Industry Overviews, Market Updates, Multilateral Development Bank Reports, Best Markets, and Industry/Regional Reports from the Country Commercial Guide site, you'll need to register with Export.gov. This registration is free!
2) Use the CIA World Factbook to find a section on your country. Print out the first page for your country. Highlight or underline the source of the information (the information you will need to use to do a bibliography correctly-date, author, title, publisher, etc.).
3) Use the Passport database for two types of info.
A) Find out how many people in your country that are the specific ages for your target market.
B) Find a Passport consumer lifestyle report/article for your country.
Monitors industry trends and gives strategic analysis, market size, and market share for numerous products across key countries. Passport includes demographic, psychographic, economic and marketing reports, and statistics, which are comparable across countries. It provides country profiles that include economic news and emerging sectors, and integrated data sets that provide historical trends and forecasting numbers. Datasets may be downloaded to Excel.
See the Passport Tab above for more information.
3) SRDS Media Guide: "Consumer Magazines Worldwide" in this databases has information of magazines and newspapers in different countries. Find your country and find a major consumer magazine or newspaper from the country.
Go to SRDS database. Look at the left column - click on "International Media". Then click on Consumer: Worldwide. Go to Step 1 and click on "Search by Geography". Click Search. Go to Step 2 and click on "View Countries", select your country, then click on Search. Magazines titles should appear on the left hand side - click on the title to see the rate card.
See the Advertising Rates Tab above for more information.
4) Market and Mediafact Book : This book is used to find the advertising rates for your country. Be careful not to use "Cost per Thousand" (aka CPT) or sometimes "Cost per M" (roman numeral for 1000) (aka CPM). This book is the most complete source for media cost information. These are little books only available at the reference stacks section of the library. Ask for them at the AskUs Desk in library. Some of them are also in PDF files on Canvas.
See the Market & Mediafact Books Tab above for more information.
You may find additional helpful data under this tab, or the Industries and Trade tabs below: