Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Creating Clips in Specific Streaming Video Databases
After accessing these databases from Auraria Library's website, create an account. The registration process is simple and each database requires a user to be logged in to create clips.
Alexander Street (Includes Academic Video Online (AVON), Counseling & Therapy in Video, Filmmakers Library, Opera in Video, and Theatre in Video.)
- Click on Clips at the top of the screen.
- Choose start and end times by dragging the green start box and red end box to the desired points
Films on Demand (FOD)
- All Films on Demand videos have pre-made segments in a list on the left side of the opening page.
- At the bottom of the pre-made segment list, click on Create Custom Segment
- Fill in start and end time for the clip you're creating
To set captioning as the default:
- Sign into your user account.
- Click User Options in the upper right.
- In the User Options menu, click My User Preferences.
- Under Closed Captioning, select the Show by Default checkbox.
Using Interactive Transcripts
- Click on the Transcript tab to the right of the video player to view the interactive transcript.
- Jump to a different section of the video by clicking on a word within the transcript; the video will skip to that point.
- Jump back or ahead using the status bar on top of the transcript module, or within the player itself. Or, use the Search bar to locate a specific part.
Saving the URL to a Films on Demand Video
- Don't use the web page URL at the top of the page - that URL is not permanent, and may change.
- Use the Title or Segment URL located beneath the opening screen of a video.
Kanopy (Note: Though Kanopy's a great collection, getting to the clip-making process is not intuitive. It's not difficult, just not obvious!)
- In the More menu under the video screen, choose Create Clip/Playlist
- A Create Playlist box will appear. Name the Playlist and choose Create
- Choose Edit Playlist
- Choose Edit
- You will now be able to name and describe your clip and choose a start and end time for the clip
Showing Streaming Videos in Class on Auraria Campus
Instructors, you need a great Internet connection to reliably stream videos in Auraria campus classrooms.
To ensure you have a good connection when using an AHEC-supported classroom...
- Plug your laptop into the Ethernet connection rather than connecting over wi-fi.
- If possible, test the wireless in any classroom before holding class.
- Problems? Your campus IT may be able to help.
- CU Denver: IT Services Help Desk Phone: 303-724-4357
- MSU Denver IT Services Help Desk Phone Number: 877-352-7548.
- CCD: IT Services Help Desk Phone: 303-556-4283.