Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Top journals in Communication
Top 10 communication journals by impact factor (Journal Citation Reports 2013).
- Communication Research
- Research on Language and Social Interaction
- Journal of Communication
- New Media & Society
- Public Opinion Quarterly
- Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication
- Public Understanding of Science
- Human Communication Research
- Journal of Health Communication
- Political Communication
Journal Citation Reports (JCR)
Evaluate and compare scholarly journals in all areas of the sciences and social sciences. Results can be used to determine which journals are the most important and influential in their respective disciplines based on high impact and citations.
More about finding the best journals
The definition of "best" depends entirely on your topic and research. Here are tips on identifying some of those titles:
- Critical thinking - Look at the content, article length, authorship (expertise or staff writer), language and vocabulary, format/structure, publisher, editors and reviewers.
Web of Science
"Analyze" feature: Do a broad search in Web of Science. Click the Analyze Results button on the search results screen. In the Rank the records by this field: select Source Titles.
ULRICHSweb Global Serials Directory
Find detailed information on over 300,000 periodicals (journals, magazines). Find out here if the journal is scholarly, peer review, trade, or even active. Also lists databases that index the title.