Data visualization is a general way of talking about anything that converts data into a visual representation such as charts, graphs, maps, and tables. Data visualizations can help you...
- Help us to see patterns and/or outliers in data
- Present data in an easy to understand way
- Visually show the relationship between two or more variables
- Construct meaning through both our conscious and pre-conscious ("snap") judgements, based on our basic knowledge and understanding of the world around us
- Focus on one area, or variable, of data.