Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Distinguish between different researchers with the same name.
- Unique and persistent identifier to allow computers and people to identify individuals.
- Solves the “Googleganger” problem.
- If you change your name, the number stays the same.
- Universities use it to track their research output.
Provides a persistent digital identifier that distinguishes you from every other researcher and, through integration in key research workflows such as manuscript and grant submission, supports automated linkages between you and your professional activities ensuring that your work is recognized. Some publishers are starting to require ORCID IDs.