Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Make a list of at least five to fifteen journals relevant to your field of research.
- Learn about the journals.
- Find a journal's submission requirements (usually on a journal's website) such as word limits, preferred citation styles, document formatting, file types, etc. Make sure your submission meets their basic requirements.
- Find the acceptance rates and impact factor.
- Before submitting... Proofread, proofread, and proofread! Have friends and colleagues read your work and provide feedback before you submit. A fresh pair of eyes can be incredibly helpful for spotting mistakes and areas in need of improvement.
- Submit to your top journal. Turned down or need revisions? Revise and resubmit and/or submit to the next journal on your list.
ULRICHSweb Global Serials Directory
Identifies active and defunct periodicals of all types, worldwide, and can be used to identify peer-reviewed publications, academic and journalistic writing outlets, and periodicals within subject areas. For information about the journals only. There is no linked access to Auraria Library content. To reach Auraria Library content search Skyline for the journal title.
Cabell's Scholarly Analytics
Cabell’s is designed to help researchers search, filter and compare journals when making decisions about where to publish, and to assist administrators in evaluating publication records. It supplies such information as difficulty of acceptance, type of peer review, time to publication, and metrics indicating journal quality.
Journal Citation Reports (JCR)
Evaluate and compare scholarly journals in all areas of the sciences and social sciences. Results can be used to determine which journals are the most important and influential in their respective disciplines based on high impact and citations.
A directory of the publishing industry, including book publishers, literary agents, distributors and sales representatives,wholesalers, importers and exporters, translators, literary associations, and more. Searches may be limited by such criteria as subject, region, and publication type.