- Do use the full axis and maintain consistency.
- Do have your pie chart equal 100%.
- Do keep it simple.
- Do include legends and labels. Be creative!
- Do pass the squint test.
- Do ask for others opinions.
- Do test your visualization against a color blindness simulator.
Example of a Good Data Visualization
Why is this a good visualization?
- There is a title for the visualization
- The colors are representative of distinguishing different lines on the subway system
- The map is representative of the geographical location
- What else?