Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Focuses on comparing multiple variables over a specific geographic area, such as a map of the United States
- Also called geographic data
- The same data is collected over a period of time; most often collected at regular time intervals.
- Time series data is usually a continuous variable.
- Consists of multiple variables that can be compared to one another
- Categorical data can be quantitative or qualitative
- Can be represented as bar graphs, pie charts, or scatterplots