Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
In this guide...
- Background Info:Background information can be found in reference material and books provide detailed information about specific topics.
- Article Databases: Use key health and medicine databases to find new and old journal articles.
- Policies & Laws: Use to find policies and laws related to health and medicine
- Statistics & Data: Use to find data and statistics related to health and medicine
- Diseases: Use to find information on a variety of diseases
- Organizations: Use to find organizations both local and national related to health and medicine
- Citations: Learn to organize your citations for easier access and properly cite in various formats.
Comprises more than 28 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
National Center for Health Statistics
NCHS is the federal governments principal vital and health statistics agency. NCHS provides data on vital events (birth and mortality) as well as information on health status, lifestyle and exposure to unhealthy influences, onset and diagnosis of illness and disability, and the use of health care. The National Survey of Family Growth also includes information on family life, marriage and divorce, pregnancy, infertility, use of contraception, and men's and women's health.
Health and Medicine
Index to magazines and journals in the health and related fields, many articles available online. Provides access to the full-text of nursing and allied health journals, plus the personal health information sources in the Health Reference Center.
CINAHL (Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health)
Index to professional literature in nursing and allied health fields including veterinary technology, medical imaging and therapies. Limited to 20 simultaneous users shared with CSU and UNC.
The Cochrane Library consists of a regularly updated collection of evidence-based medicine databases, including The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. Based on the best available information about healthcare interventions, Cochrane reviews explore the evidence for and against the effectiveness and appropriateness of treatments (medications, surgery, education, etc) in specific circumstances.
Research Support Librarian
Subjects:Agriculture & Botany
, Art & Art History
, Aviation & Aerospace
, Computer and Information Science
, Engineering & Industrial Technology
, Environmental Studies / Science
, Geology, Hydrology, & Meteorology
, Health & Medicine
, Physics & Astronomy
, Speech & Hearing Sciences
, Veterinary Science