Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
In this guide...
- Background Info:Background information can be found in reference material and books provide detailed information about specific topics.
- Article Databases: Use key health communication databases to find new and old journal articles.
- Organizations & News: Online resources including associations, organizations and other online teaching and learning materials.
- Affordable Care Act: Learn about the Affordable Care Act.
- Citations: Learn to organize your citations for easier access and properly cite in various formats.
Communication & Mass Media Complete This link opens in a new window
Indexes communication and mass-media related journals. Many of the journals are included from their first issues to the present, dating as far back as 1915.
PubMed This link opens in a new window
Comprises more than 28 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
CINAHL (Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health) This link opens in a new window
Index to professional literature in nursing and allied health fields including veterinary technology, medical imaging and therapies. Limited to 20 simultaneous users shared with CSU and UNC.
Welcome communication students who are interested in Health Communication! Health communication is a sub-field of communication that studies the role of communication in health care. It is a broad and dynamic field that focuses on human and mass communication aspects in health care. Scholars who study in this field study things like: provider-patient interactions, organizational and group communication within health care systems, health education and promotion, ethical communication in healthcare, and how culture affects health care interactions.