Information that you may need for your reports and your library assignment (see the bottom of this page for that assignment)
1) Use Export.gov to find a recent Country Commercial Guide (CCG) for your country (see also the Country Commercial Guides Tab above, and Export.gov below. Notice also that there is a great deal of additional information (especially Distribution) in this database that will be useful to you. The market research reports can also be extremely useful.
To access Industry Overviews, Market Updates, Multilateral Development Bank Reports, Best Markets, and Industry/Regional Reports from the Country Commercial Guide site, you'll need to register with Export.gov. This registration is free!
2) Use the CIA World Factbook (see below) to find a section on your country.
CIA World Factbook
The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) supplies dozens of facts for each country including data on geography, people, government, economy, transportation, communication, and defense forces.
3) Use the Passport database (see the Passport Tab above or the Passport link below) for two types of info.
A) Find out how many people in your country that are the specific ages for your target market.
B) Find a Passport consumer lifestyle report/article for your country.
Passport This link opens in a new window
Euromonitor's online market research tool, formerly called GMID or Global Market Information Database, monitors economic trends and gives strategic analysis, market size, and market share for numerous products across key countries. Passport includes demographic, psychographic, economic and marketing reports, and statistics, which are comparable across countries. It provides country profiles that include economic news and emerging sectors, and integrated data sets that provide historical trends and forecasting numbers. Datasets may be downloaded to Excel.
3) SRDS Media Guide: "Consumer Magazines Worldwide" in this databases has information of magazines and newspapers in different countries. Find your country and find a major consumer magazine or newspaper from the country.
Go to SRDS database. In the upper left-hand corner of the landing page, click on "Magazines" - then click on "Consumer: Worldwide" (under "International Media"). Go to Step 1 and click on "Search by Geography". Click Search. Go to Step 2 and click on "Select Country/Geographic Region", select your country, then click on Search. Magazines titles should appear on the left hand side - click on the title to see the rate card.
See the Advertising Rates Tab above for more information.
SRDS This link opens in a new window
A search engine for media opportunities and marketing information, that offers rates and contact data for national and/or international magazines, digital media, newspapers, television, radio, direct marketing, and out-of-home businesses; as well as demographic and lifestyle information for counties and metropolitan areas in the U.S.(through Claritas 360).
4) Market and Mediafact Books - Contact your instructor for more information!